Gladys Johnson College Scholarship Fund
Administered by The Women’s Empowerment Series, Inc.
A 501(c)3 Nonprofit
1150 First Ave, Suite 501 King of Prussia, Pa 19406
Mrs. Gladys Johnson loved Classical Music and Science. She worked for Combs College of Music as the Assistant Librarian for many years prior to the College moving to the Mainline. She believed every girl should have the opportunity to attend college, cultivate her intellect & experience classical music, no matter their family’s social economical status. Mrs. Johnson was an impactful Advocate for children in foster care & trained Foster Parents in the Philadelphia area. It is with honor & humility that we offer this scholarship in her name to assist young African American college bound ladies.
PURPOSE: To provide financial support for 4 consecutive years to African American girls entering an accredited college or university. Must declare a major in Classical Music (Opera, Piano, Harp, Composing, etc. ) or
S.T.E.M (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
* 1 Scholarship for Classical Music Majors: $1000.00 per year
* 1 Scholarship for S.T.E.M Majors: $1000.00 per year
* Must have minimum cumulative grade of 3.0 in both Junior & Senior years of High School.
* Must be accepted by an accredited 4 year College/University
* Scholarship is renewable every year (acceptable cumulative GPA 3.00) for 4 consecutive years only
* Must reside in Germantown 19144 or Mt. Airy 19119 sections of Philadelphia, Pa
* Young ladies in Foster Care/Group homes are encouraged to apply.
* Online application opens September 11, 2021
* Official decision by April 2022
* Confirmation Letters sent in early May 2022
* Scholarship funds go directly to the college
1. Complete all requirements on the online application
2. Official transcripts for Junior & Senior Years must be received by us from your school via email: GJScholars@Thewomensempowermentseries.org
3. Send us your photo
4. Deadline is 12/9/2021
Our commitment to ensure our Recipients' success:
· Free Summer Academic workshops in your designated Major
· Quarterly check-in’s during academic year
· Special deliveries at school for your enjoyment/needs
· Summer Professional non paid Internship (mandatory)
The Women’s Empowerment Series, Inc.
1150 1st Avenue, Suite 501 * King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania 19406, United States
Copyright © 2020-2023 The Women’s Empowerment Series, Inc.-A 501(C)3 Nonprofit Organization. All Rights Reserved.